At Level 2, the primary caregiver participates in specific trainings that help them understand and prepare for the requirements of a 2-star Better Beginnings program. A 2-star family child care home shares helpful information with you about the child’s development and learning and provides developmental screenings for all children.
The primary caregiver participates in training on the topics listed below.
- Using children’s learning goals to plan daily activities
- Using nationally recognized tools to measure the quality of the classroom environment
- Using the Strengthening Families Protective Factors to support families
- Developmentally appropriate physical activities for children
- Nutrition for children
The primary caregiver also:
- Shares information with families about ARKids First, child development, stages of child development, and child health
- Participates in a review of the quality of the primary caregiver’s administrative procedures
- Meets or exceeds the minimum score on a rating of the quality of the learning environment and activities
- Provides annual developmental screenings for children to identify any potential developmental delays
- Participates in a self-evaluation process regarding the home’s nutrition policies and practices and creates an action plan for improvement.