Research tells us children are born learning. They learn through play and by experience. The higher the quality of play and experiences, the better prepared children will be for kindergarten.
Better Beginnings’ goal is to make sure all children in Arkansas have access to quality child care. Better Beginnings early childhood educators prepare children for kindergarten with positive experiences, research-based curriculum, and learning through play.
Every child deserves the best start possible and the opportunity to start kindergarten with a solid foundation from which to continue their education.
Better Beginnings means better opportunities. Investing in quality child care for all Arkansas children creates better opportunities for our children, families, workforce, and communities.
This website is for parents looking for information about child care in Arkansas or for details about what quality care looks like. It’s also for providers and teachers who want to elevate the quality of care they provide or who need additional resources.
Every child deserves our best. Better Beginnings provides that by:
- Creating greater awareness of the importance of early learning from zero to five years of age, when brain development is most critical.
- Elevating the quality of child care and early childhood education in Arkansas by investing in quality child care learning environments.
- Sending more kindergarten ready children to school every year.
- Developing the quality star rating system to simplify choosing child care for parents and families.
- Supporting child care programs through annual training, research-based curriculum and technical support.
- Creating opportunities for communities to be their best by supporting quality early learning environments for children zero to five.