At Level 3, the facility continues to build quality through self-assessment, maintaining samples of the children’s learning activities, participating in reviews of the program’s quality, and sharing information with families.
- Completes a self-assessment of the program’s support for families
- Tries new ideas to strengthen partnerships with families
Teaching staff maintain a portfolio for each child.
- A portfolio often includes samples of the children’s work, photographs, and staff notes about activities
- Shares information with families about nutrition and physical activity
- Meets or exceeds the designated score on a rating of the quality of a facility’s administrative procedures
- Meets or exceeds the required score on a rating of the program’s classroom environment and children’s activities
- Participates in a self-evaluation process regarding the program’s physical activity policies and practices, and create an action plan for improvement