Homes Two Star
Homes Two Star
Family Child Care Homes must complete all standards for Level 1 and Level 2
Primary Caregiver Requirements
Works with a trained assessor to review the quality of the program’s business practices.
Accrues at least 45 clock hours of previous education and/or training in child development/early education including the following topics:
- Nutrition for children
- Family support and involvement
- Using children’s learning goals to plan daily activities
Completes 20 clock hours or more of additional training each year.
Uses written daily plans that include all areas of development.
- Each day’s activities support the child’s intellectual development, social and emotional development and physical development.
Provides daily physical activities that are appropriate for the ages of the children.
Meets or exceeds the designated score on a rating of the quality of the program’s environment and activities.
Provides at least two interest centers for children.
- Interest centers focus on a particular type of play and learning such as blocks, art, books or pretend play.
Shares information about medical homes for children.
- A medical home means that a child has one doctor or clinic and one dentist whom he sees regularly. Medical homes ensure that the child’s medical records are kept in a central location so that the child can receive the best care available.
Shares information with families about the stages of development for children.
Secondary Caregiver Requirements
Completes training on child development and early education.
- At least 50% of secondary caregivers must have 15 or more clock hours of training within their first year of employment.