Homes One Star
Homes One Star
Primary Caregiver Requirements
Accrues at least 30 clock hours of previous education and/or training in child development/early education including the topics listed below:
- Measuring the quality of the program’s business practices
- Measuring the quality of the program’s environment and activities
- Planning appropriate physical activities to support children’s healthy development
Primary and Secondary Caregiver Requirements
Registers as a member of an Arkansas professional development system.
- Membership encourages participation in training to improve knowledge of child development and early education.
Follows an appropriate daily schedule that meets the needs of the children in the group.
- Children are happier and feel more secure when they have a predictable routine.
Develops and follows written plans for the day’s activities.
- Written plans help teachers support children’s learning more effectively.
Uses an environment rating tool for self-evaluation.
Informs parents of uninsured children about ARKids First.
- ARKids First provides insurance to qualified children
Shares information about child development and health with families.
- Families and staff work together to support the child’s development and to promote healthy lifestyles.
Obtains and implements a medical and/or educational plan for any child having special needs.
- Medical and/or educational plans are individualized to meet the specific health or educational needs of a child. These plans are coordinated with a health care provider, therapist and/or education specialist.